Author Topic: layout for [DASH]  (Read 2791 times)

timefx

Re: layout for [DASH]
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 03:17:49 PM »
That's not my Dashboard but something I would like to achieve with BDM.

Here's an example dashboard going over 2 screens with the HGI indicator and few others.  It's an experiment having the first dashboard to provide a view of the ccy pair across all time-frames with 1m, 5m, 15m and 1hr dashboards.

As you can see plenty of room for additional dashboards to be managed by BDM.

Scalp and HGI.png
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 03:25:35 PM by timefx »

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 08:20:42 PM »

Here's an example dashboard going over 2 screens with the HGI indicator and few others.  It's an experiment having the first dashboard to provide a view of the ccy pair across all time-frames with 1m, 5m, 15m and 1hr dashboards.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

I count 13 screens.

domana

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 09:13:05 AM »
It's totally up to you HP. I'm so greedy  :)
I am maxing out the 8 templates too  ;)
Maybe it can be done easily by a scrolling tab menu as with DASH presets.
OK I run and hide now.

8 templates what are you talking about ?????

[ Invalid Attachment ] -X

O wait, you don't have this version yet.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::) ::)

I am sorry HP you have lost me completely here- X
Where can I find this illustration of the 'Main Template'?
The image between the line beginning 8 templates what..... and the words 'O wait, you don't...

Hope this message turns out understandable!!!

Pax

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 01:19:53 PM »
Hi domana:
I will try to help but not sure where you are at...
Can you make some screenshots along with the questions?
Have you installed the package successfully? and which one?
Have you been able to load successfully any of the sample presets that came with the package?

pax

domana

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 06:42:49 PM »
Hi Pax

Appreciate very much your offer to help.
My question has come about when I found I could not see[find] the TTMTRADER.tpl to place on the Offline chart created by the Basket Trader. When I installed BDMv1.34 [on demo account] I tried to put the templates in the folders BDMAHA, BDMBSM, etc as they were presented in the installation file [through the Data Folder] in an attempt to keep them in an organised fashion but they did not show up in MT4 templates. So I copied them individually into MT4 template which at first appeared to solve the problem as they could be seen but unknown to me not all of the .tpl files could be seen when scrolled right down to the bottom. I tried fixing this but to no avail because I do not have technical  knowledge of how to fix problems-only as an ordinary user.
I attach some screen shots with notes which hopefully will be more clear than my explanations.
The same thing has happened with my installation of BDMv1.42 on another demo account. I hope you will be able to advise how to fix the problem.
The strange thing is BDMv1.34 appeared to be working yesterday but not today. BDMv1.42 has not worked from day 1 of installation
If you need further particulars please let me know.
Thanks Pax.
With best wishes and regards
PS please see my yesterday's message to you

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 08:42:39 PM »
Regarding your template list.

You are using the little black up and down arrows to scroll up and down i hope...

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2017, 08:59:36 PM »
If you are a MT4 user you have to keep up to date.

Over the weekend MetaQuotes released a very buggy new terminal and compiler.
Click on help and about in your terminal and if you are on build 1045 you are in trouble.

On the download page you can find a BDMv1.42 (fix) .ex4 which has to do for now until Metaquotes releases a new version with all the bugs fixed which knowing Metaquotes can take some time.

@Pax

I found bugs in build 1031 also, better to go back to 1010 for uninterrupted trading.
If you need a 1010 let me know i still have one.
Just install it and remove the Admin write rights so it can not be auto-updated.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 09:02:36 PM by Hotpotato »

domana

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2017, 05:53:23 AM »
Regarding your template list.

You are using the little black up and down arrows to scroll up and down i hope...
Yes I am using those black up and down arrows to scroll to the .tpl file that I want to use
Thanks

domana

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2017, 06:05:17 AM »
If you are a MT4 user you have to keep up to date.

Over the weekend MetaQuotes released a very buggy new terminal and compiler.
Click on help and about in your terminal and if you are on build 1045 you are in trouble.

On the download page you can find a BDMv1.42 (fix) .ex4 which has to do for now until Metaquotes releases a new version with all the bugs fixed which knowing Metaquotes can take some time.

@Pax

I found bugs in build 1031 also, better to go back to 1010 for uninterrupted trading.
If you need a 1010 let me know i still have one.
Just install it and remove the Admin write rights so it can not be auto-updated.

Yes I am using MT4 on 1045 on both demo accounts for 1.34 and 1.42. Didn't have any choice as this was done automatically . I did not know about the Admin write rights feature.

Sounds like I am a dumb ass* without knowing much about anything  :(
I have since picked up a lot in the last few days from you
Thanks

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2017, 09:42:02 AM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Something like this Tim ?

(Do not look at the content)
specialtim.PNG

I was running this on the 4K with 20 dashboard charts half normal with indicators and half with on-the-fly renco charts (30 charts in total) on a I5 and it still functioned quite well.

But then i started experimenting with two the same dashboards next to each other, each 6 charts all related to to a single symbol an i changed the symbol using the symbol select buttons. Didn't like what i saw, all 12 charts (where symbol switching was allowed) changed to the new symbol.
That has no use so i thought up another concept "dashboard charts groups".

Each defined dashboard chart must belong to a dashboard group (max 3) and before switching a dashboard to another pair you have to select the group you want to change.  I think it will even be possible to switch each group to another dashboard layout separately.

dashgroupselection.JPG
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 12:53:06 PM by Hotpotato »

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2017, 10:27:56 AM »
Yes I am using MT4 on 1045 on both demo accounts for 1.34 and 1.42. Didn't have any choice as this was done automatically . I did not know about the Admin write rights feature.

Sounds like I am a dumb ass* without knowing much about anything  :(
I have since picked up a lot in the last few days from you
Thanks

Are you kidding, it costed me more than two years and a lot of money to learn how to trade and how to use MT4.
So you have some study time left i think.  ;D ;D

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2017, 10:39:25 AM »
@Tim

Just curiosity, why are you running a single terminal with so many charts ?
On the large screen i am running 4 terminals with 4 BDM's but on the same account.
The advantage is that every terminal runs on it's own core making things go a whole lot faster.

timefx

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2017, 05:29:19 PM »
HP,

Thanks for the idea of grouped dashboard charts, I will test soon.

I use a single terminal with 2 screens so when I change ccy pair all charts change.  For the charts not under BDM control I use the MT4 Chart Group indicator so that all charts change.

I have 2 BDM licenses each for a broker account.  I have 3 PC's and 5 screens.  3 screens have dashboards setup and I have a 2 screen setup for trading.

A lot of information and indicators but it means I don't have to keep switching charts or dashboards to check price action nd what is happening.

Here are some screen shots.
dash1.png
dash2.png
dash3.png
dash4.png

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2017, 09:12:29 PM »
That is a whole lot of info.  ::) ::) :P :P