Author Topic: move and re-arrange the windows on the screen  (Read 717 times)

Pax

• Global Moderator
move and re-arrange the windows on the screen
« on: February 03, 2017, 06:57:06 PM »

How do you move and re-arrange the windows on the screen like you do very nicely in your screen shots?

I tried using the tile windows on MT4 but that does not always work and if it works the windows are not positioned to my satisfaction.

This topic will probably appear in the online manual sometime when it is more advanced but I would like to know before that as I am trying BDM.

Chart management (Dashboard charts) is set up in the BDM EA:
These are the settings I have
1-setting for 5chart layout.png
for this 5-chart layout
2-5chart layout.png

domana

Re: move and re-arrange the windows on the screen
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 05:14:10 AM »
Thank you Pax

timefx

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 08:39:13 AM »
From the Dash TAB you can save the current Dashboard, this will save the Dashboard settings in a text file and display it in the Dash TAB with the name selected.

You can then edit the text file changing the chart positions and templates as required.  When you have made the changes just select the Dashboard from the Dash TAB to see your changes without having to restart BDM.

The first parameter in the Dashboard text file is the folder your chart templates are located, I place all my templates in a separate folder for ease of management.

Dashboard Templates are located here: \MQL4\Files\BDMDASHBOARDS either in the MULTI or SINGLE sub folder, found within your MT4 terminal folder.

Dashboard settings.png

domana

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 04:05:43 PM »
Thanks for your help timefx  :)

jenbol

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 01:08:22 AM »
HI all Traders. I  started to read a few threads in this forum and found this about charts settings_
I still have some issues with flying charts and Bdm is cool however some times it seems to slip out of my control_
The charts are arranged and well positioned when i select a few pairs  and also when i select all pairs, however when i select a Currency Pair (Top Left) as Euro, or USD, any currency they fly a bit left and right or in the middle_
Obviously i am still practising and i know there is a way_ if possible i will post some pics when i can to let you know what happens / Meanwhile i keep on reading what is on here_
Many Thanx