Author Topic: Charts in dashboard not positioned at current time  (Read 1013 times)

timefx

Charts in dashboard not positioned at current time
« on: February 05, 2017, 08:47:49 AM »
Hi HP,

After I have started BDM with my default (PRESET) Dashboard the charts do not always open positioned at the active candle or current time.  For each chart I have to use CRTL-End to move the chart to the latest candle.

This also happens when I switch currency pairs.

Chart not showing current candle.png

Not sure if this is a settings problem within BDM or the Dashboard setting file.

Thanks
Tim

Hotpotato

• Administrator
Re: Charts in dashboard not positioned at current time
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 01:44:39 PM »
Hi HP,

After I have started BDM with my default (PRESET) Dashboard the charts do not always open positioned at the active candle or current time.  For each chart I have to use CRTL-End to move the chart to the latest candle.

This also happens when I switch currency pairs.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Not sure if this is a settings problem within BDM or the Dashboard setting file.

Thanks
Tim

Hi Tim,

Are you trying to open charts outside market hours ?
If so then it could be that you are using non-bdm indicators that need ticks to start working.

Don't know if you are using it already but when the market is closed you can run mt4ticker https://fx1.net/mt4ticker.php to simulate ticks.

timefx

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 12:26:36 AM »
Hi HP,

Yes, the screen show was from yesterday outside of market hours, however it does happen when the market is open.

Screen shot from this morning 7:25am Perth Time.

Chart not showing current candle 1.png

Tim

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 12:42:50 AM »
Tim,

You can try to load the template(s) you use on charts outside of BDM to see if it indeed is BDM related.

I did notice something strange the last superslope has D1 H4 D1 as selection and it seems that the indictors overpaint values displayed.
Usually that is because the object are loaded on the templates and after loading the template the indicator fails to start did you check your expert log tab ?

timefx

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 02:40:42 PM »
HP,

I loaded the charts in MT4 and have the same problem.

As for the over paint this is a known issue with the SuperSlope indicator and you need to Delete All Objects and re-save your template when it occurs.

Not uses MT4 charts for some time now and didn't think to check.  Will do a little research and see if I can find the problem, may even be caused by the SuperSlope indicator as I use it in most of my charts.

Thanks
Tim

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 03:10:51 PM »
HP,

I loaded the charts in MT4 and have the same problem.

As for the over paint this is a known issue with the SuperSlope indicator and you need to Delete All Objects and re-save your template when it occurs.

Not uses MT4 charts for some time now and didn't think to check.  Will do a little research and see if I can find the problem, may even be caused by the SuperSlope indicator as I use it in most of my charts.

Thanks
Tim

It could be that Superslope is very "heavy" so i would start with one instance on a chart and then 2 and 3 etc.
Also you usually do not need an enormous amount of bars in history and on charts so you could reduce the values in you mt4 setup.

timefx

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 02:43:21 PM »
Thanks HP, will take a look at your recommendations.