Author Topic: BDM many dashboard charts.  (Read 2262 times)

Hotpotato

• Administrator
Re: BDM many dashboard charts.
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 10:02:09 PM »
ok thanks... will play more with it
btw... what does the PRESET button do?

Nothing (according to you)  :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) :) :) ;D ;D

But it should load the dashboard as defined in the input parameters.
It is the button to switch back to the dashboard you started with.

If you start BDM and define MultiChart dashboard but do not define any dashboard charts in the startup setting you can use the [Preset] to clear the screen after opening dashboards using the dash tab.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 10:15:42 PM by Hotpotato »

Pax

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 10:33:13 PM »
somebody has to do the asking you know  :)

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 11:34:05 PM »
somebody has to do the asking you know  :)

Of course.
I want to write it all down but it is a hell of a job with all those explaining picture.
Once it is written down BDM will rise.

timefx

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 03:15:03 AM »
Hi HP,

Testing the GROUP dashboards function and all works fine. 

What I discovered is to get it working you have to define the dashboard groups in your BDM preset file. In your preset file if all dashboards belong to the same group but you define a dashboard file with groups it does not give the option in the DASH TAB to change groups.

I've attached an image with 8 dashboards, the 9th dashboard is a MT4 chart positioned.

I did create a set of dashboards trying to display multiple dashboards on the screen so I could have more than 8 BDM controlled dashboards, but only 1 dashboard is displayed.

Thanks
Tim

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2017, 11:28:45 AM »
Hi HP,

What I discovered is to get it working you have to define the dashboard groups in your BDM preset file. In your preset file if all dashboards belong to the same group but you define a dashboard file with groups it does not give the option in the DASH TAB to change groups.

I've attached an image with 8 dashboards, the 9th dashboard is a MT4 chart positioned.

I did create a set of dashboards trying to display multiple dashboards on the screen so I could have more than 8 BDM controlled dashboards, but only 1 dashboard is displayed.

Thanks
Tim

Agreed, forgot all about loading multiple dashes from a dash description file.
Will correct that asap.

timefx

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2017, 03:13:33 PM »
Hi HP,

Thanks
Tim

Agreed, forgot all about loading multiple dashes from a dash description file.
Will correct that asap.

Great looking forward to testing multiple dasbaords
Tim

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2017, 11:46:52 AM »
Tim,

You do not have to use the separate 9th charts anymore, you can have unlimited chart per group now.
The only thing is you have to edit the dashboard file manually because the BDM input params only go up to 8.

The new build 037 is in the download area.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 11:56:54 AM by Hotpotato »

timefx

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2017, 03:24:55 PM »
HP,

Thank you for the latest release, 12 dashboards working great.

I've attached the dashboard set file for anyone who is interested.  Important to note that I put my trading templates in a sub-folder of the MT4 templates folder as defined in the set file "DashDir=!TIMEFX\"

The first 3 columns are under group dashboard control so you can select the group 1, 2 or 3 to change the currency pair, the 4th column will always be GBPJPY.

12Charts.png

Thanks
Tim

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2017, 05:42:29 PM »
HP,

I've attached the dashboard set file for anyone who is interested.  Important to note that I put my trading templates in a sub-folder of the MT4 templates folder as defined in the set file "DashDir=!TIMEFX\"

The first 3 columns are under group dashboard control so you can select the group 1, 2 or 3 to change the currency pair, the 4th column will always be GBPJPY.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Thanks
Tim

I see that you did not experimented yet with 3 separate dashboards on the full 4K width yet.
Works like a charm.

timefx

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2017, 02:28:41 PM »
HP,

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Thanks
Tim

I see that you did not experimented yet with 3 separate dashboards on the full 4K width yet.
Works like a charm.

HP,

Can you let me know how to set-up separate dashboards to work.  I've seen the settings but need some help.

Thanks
Tim

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2017, 07:38:12 PM »
HP,

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Thanks
Tim

Works like a charm.

HP,

Can you let me know how to set-up separate dashboards to work.  I've seen the settings but need some help.

Thanks
Tim

Tell BDM you screensize is 3840x2160.
Setup (manually in the dashboard txt file) 2 set of 12 charts (so 24 in total) keep the first 12 charts in the max 1920 width and assign them all to dashgroup 1
Make the second set of 12 charts from 1920 to 3840 dashgroup 2

Et voila 2 groups of 12 charts and you can now use the green dashgroup select buttons in the dash tab to change each invidual or both groups at the same time when you press fi. a pair select button or change one or both groups to a different dashboard.

This will also work with 2 1920 screens linked together as one.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 07:39:53 PM by Hotpotato »

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2017, 06:57:51 PM »
Dashboard selecting.

The 4K monitor is hooked up to another system so this is an example of BDM running on 2 x 1920 monitors.
10 charts divided over 2 dashboard groups, 1 group where the x runs from 0 to 1920 an a second group from 1920 to 3840.

bdmwide2.JPG

By selecting the dashgroup to take the actions on (2 in the example) the pair button AUDCHF affected only those charts beloning to dashgroup 2.
The dashgroup select buttons are toggle buttons so now i can turn 2 off, 1 on and select another action (pair/tf/templates) for group 1.

bdmwide1.png
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 07:42:53 PM by Hotpotato »