Author Topic: Layout wanted  (Read 2502 times)

domana

Re: Layout wanted
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 04:16:36 PM »
Hi HP

I have finally got 1.34 working with help from timefx.
However the BDMv1.34 header keeps showing "demo"
or "Freerun time has expired" no matter which of the
first 5 or 6 set files I use to open the header.
I can understand that some customised set files can be
used only in demo mode but those that come with
the initial  installation are meant for use with the
free version of 1.34 unless my understanding is wrong.
I do wish to view & test BDM features without having to restart
from time to time.
Any comments please.
Thanks and best wishes

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 09:37:06 PM »
Hi HP

I have finally got 1.34 working with help from timefx.
However the BDMv1.34 header keeps showing "demo"
or "Freerun time has expired" no matter which of the
first 5 or 6 set files I use to open the header.
I can understand that some customised set files can be
used only in demo mode but those that come with
the initial  installation are meant for use with the
free version of 1.34 unless my understanding is wrong.
I do wish to view & test BDM features without having to restart
from time to time.
Any comments please.
Thanks and best wishes

Did you try the "FREE" License key ?

domana

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 02:04:27 AM »
Thanks HP

domana

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2017, 09:18:53 AM »
I have installed BDMv1.34 on Oanda, FXCM, Activtrades & Pepperstone.
On each demo account from the respective brokers I get headers which show
Free Runtime Expired as per attachment.
The only instances when I get 1.34 working is when the licence is changed to 'demo'.
I have changed the licence to free as shown on the image by HP but the runtime expired
message continues to pop up. You could say I have become an expert on getting this to work. LOL.
Is BDM1.34 installation only free on a live account. If so I have been barking up the wrong tree
thinking it is free on a demo account.
I have mentioned many times I would like to test BDM on 1.34 because I want to run it without
having to restart the application whenever it says it has unloaded itself because it is running in demo mode.
I have spent more than 8 weeks trying to make it work in free mode for testing  and the only testing I have experienced is a test of my patience and resolve.  I can honestly say no body can say I have not made attempts at trying.

So it is with great reluctance that I have to stop trying to test BDM until a newer version which can be installed without all the hassles that I have experienced becomes available. I am NOT giving up on BDM but I need one that works when installed.

Thanks for all the help and support I have received.
With best wishes and regards

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2017, 11:30:41 AM »
Well of course this is something i could not let pass by like that.
Had to get to the bottom of this even if it took me a couple of hours.

So i opened eight new LIVE accounts and installed a bare total BDMv1.34 from here:  http://metacharttools.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=2 and installed it.
Updated BDMv1.34.exe with the latest version from here: http://metacharttools.com/index.php?page=page1418

Six of the account ran without problems but two didn't, BDM stopped with the error "Cannot refresh history [4073]".
Examining the problem i found that on live accounts the history of the EURSEK and EURNOK pairs was flawed and because BDM
uses one of these pairs to move to after starting it just would not work, even not after repeatedly running the ForeceLoadHistorical data script.
So i loaded the EURSEK and EURNOK history data manual using the history center.

E voila, running BDMv1.34 on live accounts.

BDMv1.34 is not perfect and the error reporting is not optimal so it can happen that it reports (or it looks like) a problem that is not the root cause at all. That can put you on the worn foot sometimes. Sorry for that.

One live example here.

BDM134live.JPG
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 11:37:31 AM by Hotpotato »

domana

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 04:26:00 PM »
Hi HP
Thanks for your response – much appreciated. I am not trying to abandon BDM. Its just the frustration of having so much hassles in my attempts to learn and get to know it. That is the reason that I am still trying to fight an uphill battle.

When you say you opened eight new LIVE accounts do you mean 8 new demo accounts because I would be extremely wary of opening a LIVE account to test BDM.
If the new accounts you mentioned are demos then I have lost count of the number of new demo accounts that I have opened to install 1.34 – definitely not in competition with you. LOL

I list all the steps that I use in trying to get 1.34 to start and to work. Hopefully it will show what I have done right and what I have omitted to do.

1.   Download and install demo account
2.   Limit max bars in history to 5,000 and max bars in chart to 2,000
3.   Set symbols to 28 pairs plus EURSEK
4.   ForceLoadHistoricalData
5.   Install BDM1.34 by copying MQL4 from installation files to MQL4 in Data Folder
6.   The same for templates to templates in Data Folder and sounds to sounds in MT4 program files.
7.   Restart MT4
8.   Open new chart usually UsdJpy or any other pair. This chart is H1
9.   Drag BDMv1.34 expert from navigator panel onto the H1 chart. Check licence to be “FREE”
10.   Click on Load to select set file in BDM sub folder. If one of the four is selected
a.   BDM-AHA
b.   BDM-BSM
c.   BDM-BSM-BTM
d.   BDM-DEFAULT-DEMO[/pre][/left][/center]
11.   The expert licence changes to DEMO and the BDM header shows as BDM 1.34-013 DEMO.
12.   I have no problems with this outcome. Most of the other set files seem to be set to DEMO.

Note: Steps 1 to 7 only done once during installation
However when I select BDM-DEFAULT-FREE the licence still shows as FREE but when I click OK the UsdJpy chart changes to EurSek Daily with a blank black screen and the Runtime expired message appears. When OK is clicked the black screen chart and the message disappears. There is no BDM header displayed – just a black screen

I thought this would show the BDM header in the Free mode as per your image in reply#16.
From this exercise it appears that most times the free 1.34 will operate in demo mode because the set files are in demo – could be wrong here.

Does it mean that 1.34 is actually in free mode even though the header shows it is in demo mode? Is this what you mean when you remarked that BDMv1.34 is not perfect and the error reporting is not optimal so it can happen that it reports (or it looks like) a problem that is not the root cause at all.
Does it also mean that it can be used without the need to restart?
Attached are images that may better convey all the words above
The messages in the expert journal may give you the technical stuff.

I am not trying to abandon BDM

Thanks and best regards

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2017, 05:03:56 PM »
Hi Domana,

Did you do the all important "step 5.5"

"Updated BDMv1.34.exe with the latest version from here: http://metacharttools.com/index.php?page=page1418 " ?

In the complete zip the BDMv1.34 is NOT the latest version, you need to download the separate posted newer one and override the one from the zip.

Make sure it does  override !! remove the old first from MQL4/Experts/BDM first !! i have seen installation where without any warning the old one was not overwritten.

Also a couple (probably most) of the preset files are set in DEMO license mode to demo functions that are not available in FREE mode.
So if you load the set and the license key says DEMO in the preset file change that to FREE and just to make sure it doesn't fool you the next time you start save it directly with the FREE key.

ps. Didn't think you were giving up but it i know, is fustrating if something does not work.

ps.ps. They where 8 live accounts, i have enough demo's.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 05:18:12 PM by Hotpotato »

domana

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2017, 04:21:29 PM »
Hi HP

Thanks. I have updated 1.34 to the latest.
I have a better understanding of the demo & free set files after your explanation-thanks.
How can I stop the BDMBSMDASH template from flashing on and then disappearing from view leaving a blank black screen. When I drag it [the template] onto a new chart it seems to be quite happy staying on - and so am I. LOL! However it looks pretty static and I am not sure if it is functioning and ready to start work!! What indications or flashing or vibrating signs that can be observed to know that the BDMBSMDASH is indeed functioning properly and can be used to begin selecting a basket after some waiting time?
If MT4 has the currency  ticks coming in as seen by the ticking[not intended to be a pun] of pairs data on Market Watch - why is it necessary to NOT lock the baskets until an hour before London open or I think you said 2 hours after Tokyo[not sure if you posted it]. Is it because BDM needs time to collect the data for the basket?

Enough questions for now.

Best wishes and thanks

PS I cannot see the DASH button and the string of pairs on the BDM header. I think these were on previous 1.34 ex file
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 04:26:55 PM by domana »

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2017, 09:58:49 PM »
Domana,

After you loaded BDM with the correct preset file it is not necessary to load templates manual anymore.
In fact i discourage you to use manual loaded templates because BDM tries to keep an internal list of templates currently in use on the different charts.
The BDM + EA + Chart templates are allready loaded on startup and any other templates you want to use should have been defined in the BDM preset files so they are available with the click of the template buttons (max 8).

BSM is running but it is not a flashy indicator, it selects baskets on currency strength, direction and a bit correlation.
Months of trading (i trade baskets a lot because i am lazy) the Asia + 2 and LO -1 have proven to be the best time to selected basktes.

Perhaps there is another same "magic" time (or more) to select baskets but it has no use to try to select baskets at random times using BDM.
You will be better of using something like BT_14_v27 or some other on-the-fly basket selector.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:07:36 PM by Hotpotato »

domana

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2017, 07:04:36 AM »
Thanks HP

With the BDMDashboard running how can I set SL, TP, Trailing stops [if wishing to use TS] breakout levels [BO] and pending orders [PO]. If I remember correctly right clicking on the dashboard does not bring up menu to allow inputs to be set. However I think BT_14_v27 allows these parameters to be set and saved as a preset. So do I need to drag BT_14_v27 onto the offline composite chart produced by the basket to set the numbers [I cannot remember the info displayed on the BT offline chart as I have not been able to get that far for sometime]

You cautioned not to set the BO lines too close -  to each other or to the immediate highs/lows where I presume where an entry could be made. What would be a good number to use for the BO lines.

Please let me know where I can get to [find the place to see] Pending Order to set the numbers for the pending order. I presume market orders will be executed when I click Start Trading on the trading robot.

Are my questions especially about dragging BT_14_v27 onto the offline chart affected by your comments “In fact i discourage you to use manual loaded templates because BDM tries to keep an internal list of templates currently in use on the different charts. The BDM + EA + Chart templates are allready loaded on startup” 

I need to let these sentences sink in to really understand the raison d’ętre for using BDM

I apologise for needling you constantly with questions on BDM and now BT.

Thanks and best wishes

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2017, 12:12:00 PM »
Crash course using BSM+TTM from here https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=8761252#post8761252
Using BT_14_v27 is in the same topic but closer to the begin of that topic.

If you want to use externals like BT_14_v27 you have to "drag" it yourself to a chart or create a template for it on a separate chart outside BDM.
That is the way to create your own "loaded" templates. You create them on a normal chart, save it as a template and after that specify the template in the BDM input parameters. BDM will generate a button for that template and you can load it on any chart and anytime you want.

Setting the BO or PO lines in TTM for baskets is the same as you would set them for normal trading.
You look at the charts, movement, action, expected news atc.

domana

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2017, 03:57:37 PM »
HP
Thank you very much for the info you have given me.
I have your crash course downloaded previously but I will do it again to refresh and to really study it.
I have read through it previously but this time round it will be study in depth.
I want you to know that support and help like what you have given is very rare these days.

Best wishes and regards

domana

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2017, 03:08:20 PM »
Hi HP

I am happy to report some progress on getting BDM1.34 to display the header in the manner that I want - great progress!!! LOL
Finally used the right preset

How to get BDMBSMDASH to display as per attachment after starting BDM1.34. Images of some sections of the EA where I tried to edit/add settings - no luck-possibly not correct places to do so.

This is how I want BDMBSMDASH to display

These are the sections of the EA that I tried to make BDMBSMDASH display:

Last question on mechanical aspect of display
How do I get the price scale to display on the larger chart:

This question on BT could possibly be a new topic as it deals with setting in BT_14_v27.
I tried setting TP & SL here. Cannot see where else to do so. There are other options but some do not mean much at this point of time.

For the first time I put a basket trade on. However I did not follow procedures but somehow got it going – so I am not reading too much into what I saw on screen – because it was done incorrectly. I was anxious to see what happens when I pressed certain buttons!! [Fear of missing out? Not in this case - more curiosity that killed the cat - still left with 8 more to go LOL] Definitely NOT recommended as part of a trading plan.

This is living proof that a profit can be made even if the wrong thing is done [trade closed at small gain] and a loss can still occur if everything is done correctly!. LOL

I do hope that I will not have to hassle you for help with the pure mechanical display aspects of BDM once I get BDMBSNDASH to display properly and to get the scaling of my 4 chart-layout to display the price scale. The 4 chart-layout is not part of my plan for BT – may be for trading financial instruments from Mars!!.

As of now or soon you will be hounded for help on trading BT!!! Hope you don’t mind.

I really thank you for introducing me to BDM for BT and for all help and patience you have shown me. The next step is to get the licence for 1.42 BUT I better learn to crawl first. LOL

PS Don’t know if the images will display in correct sequence with the text but I think you will be able to figure it out. Thanks
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 04:18:34 AM by domana »

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2017, 09:57:55 AM »
Going to answer your questions today, wait for it.  :D

domana

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 05:05:47 PM »
HP
Don't want to hassle you but any chance you have some time to reply?

Also any difference in using BDMBSM as compared with BSMBDMTTM

Thanks and best wishes