Author Topic: Some Platforms are stronger than others ?  (Read 678 times)

jenbol

Some Platforms are stronger than others ?
« on: March 01, 2017, 10:55:34 PM »
I dont know the reason why, but on some Platform i can load for example 2 Eax, one with Pins and one with no pins and diff. Magic number + some ccfp and one more basket EaV7 and the platform goes well does no get stuck_
On some other platform Mt4 i load a few Ccfp + One Eax and it freezes and need to restart again_
It cannot be my Cpu because it generally works well with other Mt4_
Why this happens? On Oanda for example this problem does not happen... Is it because the Ping to Oanda has a stronger MB signal ?
ON Axi Trader it happens very often and freezes, then start agains afer few secs_
uhmhm, Pardon my ignorance on this subject

Hotpotato

• Administrator
Re: Some Platforms are stronger than others ?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 11:18:30 PM »
Could be a coincidence or the tick-rate (ticks/second) of the specific broker.

But there is more in play

"Does Meta Trader 4 support DUAL, QUAD or more CORES processors?"

The long answer is complex, but the best short answer is no. The only processor-intensive part of MT4 in normal usage is the strategy tester, and that is single-threaded and will not take advantage of multiple cores.

Processing of the start() function in EAs is done in per-EA threads, and should scale out nicely across multiple cores. (However, MT4's trading operations are single-threaded. Multiple EAs can run at the same time in terms of having their start() function called, but cannot trade at the same time. See https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1412)

Processing of indicators is done in a single thread per chart (I think). Therefore, complex indicator calculations on multiple charts will be spread across multiple cores, but complex calculations from multiple indicators on the same chart will not see a performance gain from multiple cores.

Great article about multiple MT4's on the same core: https://www.mt4copier.com/improve-mt4-trade-copier-speed/

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:23:53 PM by Hotpotato »

jenbol

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 01:45:31 AM »
Great article need to read more- and from that guy Petrauskas i once read an article and began to put all Mt4 on C:program rather than on program files 86
Cheers HP

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 10:06:20 AM »
If you want to make sure your MT4 keeps on running (especially when you are trading live) then check these values taking the following steps

- start a terminal
- load EAX
- load first indicator you want to use
- load one by one each subsequent indicator
- wait a couple of hours and perhaps some trades and check the increase in values
if they have increased and keep increasing it could be (almost sure) that at some point MT4 will lose control over your trades. 
And that is a bad thing if you are trading on full automatic.

Sorry it is in Dutch but i have a unlimited install win 7 in Dutch.

jenbol

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 12:10:57 PM »
Wow i see, thanx for that. The more i trade with robots nowadays and the more i am considering increase Cpu and processors Ghz capacity_ I never thought about it, as when i started all i did was drawing manual lined Supp-Res, and using something Like Auto Draw Pivot or Fibo was already something great... Will put these note at works soon_ Great Stuff  ;D