Author Topic: Pins what are they made of ?  (Read 511 times)

jenbol

Pins what are they made of ?
« on: March 01, 2017, 11:05:20 PM »
and I am sorry,,, to ask one more to anyone who is kind enough to answer...
Why is it that some Pins are heavy on Eax and Mt4 freezes, and some other Pins are okay and run smoothly ?
For example with Pins like Br dash/Apr Ranges/Dwm/Eax moving averages/Pin moving average cross 28 pairs they are light and never had any problem, but some other Pins you can see that they slow down the whole system?
Does making a Pin light or Heavy depend on the experience of the programmer ?
I think only Hp will be able to know how to answer to this one ;-)

Hotpotato

• Administrator
Re: Pins what are they made of ?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 11:51:46 PM »
Does making a Pin light or Heavy depend on the experience of the programmer ?

Simple answer, yes for 99%.

Longer answer tomorrow.

jenbol

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 01:51:38 AM »
Ehehe the short answer is really a cool one, and that's what i thought too_
Many Thanx and Take care

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 07:45:28 AM »
The longer answer.

Before turning an indicator that normally is meant for one pair at the time to a 28 pair pin indicator you do have to understand the internals of the indicator. You have to know what it does every tick, what it calculates.

There are a lot of badly written indicators out there and if you just turn them into a 28 pair indicators you make it 28 times as bad.
Also pins made of indicators where the is only the executable available are mostly using the iCustome() mql function (28 times) and that are really cpu killers.Also when used with a timers or new bar open in the caller and not in the original indicator there is a change that the signal generated by the pin generator is out-of-sync because the original indicator hasn't re-calculated the bar close yet. It is really tricky and i would never use it.

Most indicators normally run every tick they get which is interesting is the indicator is used to put something on the screen.
If that indicator is made as a pin signal giver it doesn't have to run every tick anymore so it should use a timer or only calculate on the start of a new bar.

Conclusion you have to study the indicator and in most cases rewrite it to something usable.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 08:27:11 AM by Hotpotato »

jenbol

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 12:24:43 PM »
That explains the timer i see in the window parameter _ Funny enough some Pins made by newbies coders   they make some profits on demo, even if the error in the tab says: "Can't create text Object code #error4051 /
Longer answer appreciated
YOur knowledge is 1st class, Hav a great day