Author Topic: Upcoming v1.43  (Read 1499 times)

Hotpotato

• Administrator
Upcoming v1.43
« on: March 03, 2017, 10:09:38 AM »
Later today or early Saturday BDMv1.43 will be released in the testlab.

It is a major release for HighRes (4K) or double monitor users.
More use will be made of the unlimited charts in a dashboard and the dashgrouping.

Just two examples.

Aeseme's  EAX dashboard already links to BDM so fine tuning of an EAX trading system can be done by watching the EAX signals and use the chart open button of EAX to change the symbol on the dashboard which could be loaded with charts and indicators to show you the entry point and fine-tune the EAX settings.

So you better start searching for that old discarded monitor on the attic.   :D

Because this release also makes it possible to select the dashgroup(s) to switch to another type of dashboard the possibility is there to create a what-if dashboard to see alternative conditions for that entry or a pre-exit dashboard to see where the exit will/should occur.

bdmgroup1.png

bdmgroup2.png   

« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 10:13:37 AM by Hotpotato »

Hotpotato

• Administrator
Re: Upcoming v1.43
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 03:18:00 PM »
As always, it takes a bit longer.

I am going to need testers later on but first let me explain the concept "dashgroups".

A dashboard is a collection of charts that give you a certain view.
That view could be of a single pair over multiple timeframes or a single pair viewed with different indicators or multiple pairs viewed next to each other.

Using BDM 1.42 changing dashboard layouts meant that the previous dashboard was removed (all charts deleted) and a new one was build.
Starting from BDM 1.43 you have 3 dashgroups in which you can load a dashboard (collection of charts) without destroying the old/other dashboard.
That is, it is your choice. You could also replace a not used dashboard and another one in its place.

Also the "single chart dashboard" selection has been removed from the input settings, if you want a single chart dashboard just use only chart one from the multi chart dashboard.

In the next posts i will explain how it works so please keep reading on. 

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 03:20:10 PM by Hotpotato »

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 03:26:38 PM »
Dashboard selection buttons are placed next to the main tab menu.

dashbgroup1.png

They have 4 states:

- A gray circle without a number means that the dashboard "slot" is empty and not selected.
- A gray circle with a number in it means that that dashboard group has charts but it is not currently slected
- A green circle without a number is a selected empty slot and is used to load a dashboard on that empty group
- A green circle with a number means that the next actions you take with be done on the selected dashboard group(s).

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 04:00:04 PM »
A difference in the input/startup parameters.

There is now a second width parameter for users with a 4K or 2 x 1920 screens which is the "Max width of dashboards".

So now the "Max width of screen" and the "Max height of screen" define your charting area and the "Max width of dashboards" the total width available.

Now you can have two 1920 dashboards next to each other (total 3840) but if you select a pair or other chart options like mstrength or idx charts you want to see them on the main monitor which is the range 0 to 1920.
It looks pretty silly having 2 idx or mstrength charts displayed on the main monitor and two on the other but if you set "Automatically determine sizes" to true that is what will happen because the charting size will be set to span the one 4k or the two 1920 monitors.

dashgroup5.png

The other change is that for each dashboard group you can define a startup dashboard file and a x,y offset for that group.

In the example three dashboard files are loaded where BDM~AHA and BDM~GAP use the same space (0-1920) and will overlay each other when displayed and BDM~WIDE with an x offset of 1920 will be a not-overlayed dashbord and will stay visible even when you switch between charts etc.

dashgroup4.png

Alse you do not have to define dashboards in the preset file anymore from now on you can load them on-the-fly if you have pre-defined dashboard files and you select to load them in a group (that's next up).
That whole part of the BDM input parameters will soon be gone and replaced with a more user friendly configuration screen.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 04:03:22 PM by Hotpotato »

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 04:09:55 PM »
BDM will automatically determine which dashboard groups are in use.

As an example a clean no dashboards defined startup.

dashbgroup1.png

A startup with all the dashboard charts in a single group (group 1).

dashgroup2.png

And the same but i changed 1 of the dashboard charts to group 2 and restarted BDM.
It will detect that there a more groups defined.

dashgroup3.png

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 05:39:37 PM by Hotpotato »

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 04:33:00 PM »
From the previous example i have two dashgroups 1 & 2 (BDM~AHA and BDM~GAP) and they are overlapping.
Now i want to see dashgroup 2 and apply some actions to it.

First you deselect group 1 by clicking on the green 1 so it turns gray, next click on the [dash] button to view dashboard group 2 (the green one) and all your other actions like changing pairs or switching templates will occur on the selected dashboards.

If you leave dashboard 1 & 2 green (selected) all those action will be done on both selected dashboards.

dashgroup6.png

If you are done with group 2 and want to view the charts of group 1 deselect the group 2 (turns gray) select group 1 (turns green) and click the [dash] button.
The group 2 charts will be preserved so whatever drawings like trendlines you made on it will be there if you switch the view back to group 1 again.

dashgroup7.png

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 05:41:13 PM by Hotpotato »

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 05:13:18 PM »
Continuing on the previous example where group 1 was filled with BDM~AHA charts and group 2 with BDM~GAP which leaves group 3 open.
To fill dashboard group 3 you need to deselect group 1 and 2 and select the empty group 3 circle (click 1,click 2 and click 3 making it a green circle).
Now select the dashboard you want to load from the dash tab into group 3.

dashgroup8.png

It will forcefully load into group 3.
Forcefully means that all the dashgroup setting in the description file will be ignored and the chart will be loaded as belonging to group 3.
This is not changed in the file itself so restarting BDM with this dashboard file will put the charts in the right group as defined in that file.

It is also forceful in the way that it will delete and overwrite an existing group so be carefull which group is activated before loading a dashboard. So selecting an already defined group an loading a new group on it will overwrite the old group.

dashgroup9.png

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 05:37:13 PM »
BDM v1.43 available for licensed and testlab mode here http://metacharttools.com/index.php?page=page1418

Major issue is the hiding of charts when overlapped by another choice, working on that.
O, and unloading charts from a group or deleting a group at all.

You can find the support topic here http://metacharttools.com/index.php?topic=54.msg367#msg367

Sorry about the poor explanation, i am so terrible at that.  :(

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 05:56:45 PM by Hotpotato »

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 01:35:56 PM »
Next release will have the dashboard rotate functionality removed and have a [Remove] button so you can remove
the selected dashboard from a group.

dashgroup10.png

skipper13

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 11:50:54 PM »
Hello Hotpotato,
it is to despair.
Since today I have problems again. If I start 1.43 then the program remains here. Where is the problem?
Skipper13Screenshot (145).png

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 09:21:45 AM »
Hello Hotpotato,
it is to despair.
Since today I have problems again. If I start 1.43 then the program remains here. Where is the problem?
Skipper13 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Hoi Skipper,

Try to remove the file MQL4/Files/BDM/startclean and restart BDM.

If that does not work, what does your expert log say ?
And are you on Pepperstone by any chance ?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 09:52:05 AM by Hotpotato »

skipper13

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 09:53:22 AM »
Hello Hotpotato,
Obviously Activtrade has something against BDM. Is Pepperstone the better broker? How then does the change. Will I get a new license key from you?
Greetings Skipper13

Hotpotato

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 12:01:12 PM »
Hello Hotpotato,
Obviously Activtrade has something against BDM. Is Pepperstone the better broker? How then does the change. Will I get a new license key from you?
Greetings Skipper13

No, just the other way around, Pepperstone has problems.

Activetrade is amongst one of my test brokers where i test on.
No problems with them and BDM.

Make sure you are not running on MT4 build 1045 anymore.

activetrade.JPG
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 12:03:29 PM by Hotpotato »

skipper13

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 01:39:30 PM »
I delete all the files and reload BDM. My build is 1052. No idea what caused the interference. I'll get back to you. Thanks for the support.

skipper13

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 03:37:16 PM »
BDSM is now running perfect